Wednesday, October 21, 2009

So I might post more than once today....although there will be several days when I don't post at all....it's just that it's still new right now so I think of my new little endeavor often...but I wanted to get this down before I forgot....because it was precious.
We say a blessing before every meal. Sydney is usually our blessing sayer and it typically goes like this:
"God is great, God is good, let us thank him for this food". This morning she was in the bathroom (a typical place she goes when I ask her to set the table, but that's a post for a different day). Harper was in her highchair. Now - here is some background on Harper...she is 16 months old and doesn't communicate well - she grunts, points and whines...a...lot! I'm about to be less than motherly and a little more real....the whining DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!! So...here she is, in her high chair....whining. Here it is...the real part of me now...."Harper STOP whining...you have your breakfast and your drink...what else could you possibly want?".......my sweet little angel then folded her hands, closed her eyes and whined, babbled and grunted a prayer.....those grunts became the sweetest sound....and oh so humbling.
Thank You Lord - my kids are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment