Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Year.... A New Me.....Again!

I love New Years. I love the feeling of something fresh, a chance to start something new or begin again. I'm aware that most Resolutioners are back to their old ways by February, and yes, that includes me for the most part, but I love the idea of changing something to make yourself better or create a new habit. I have the same resolution every year: I want to pray more diligently, to read my Bible more often, to become more organized and to get in better shape. I'm aware that most of these things will have fallen by the wayside by February (except that I have no choice than to get in better shape or buy a whole new wardrobe in the next size up....not an option). Right now I start my day in deep prayer, followed by a workout and fit a few verses of the Bible in sometime during the day and have a whole organization plan. By the time February gets here I will probably fall into bed at night and pray to God in Thanksgiving as I fall asleep, I'll read the girls their Bible stories and call it good, I'll consider the game Hullabaloo my workout for the day if time did not permit otherwise, but isn't two months of something better than nothing. What can I gain by praying more diligently in 2 months? What can I gain by really reading the Bible on a daily basis in 2 months? How will 2 months of constant organization effect my life and my business? How many days do I add on to my life by really living an EXTREME healthy lifestyle for 2 months only to fall back on a pretty normal nutrition plan with the occasional splurge and the occasional missed workout? I think 2 months is better than nothing, don't you? I think you should set yourself up to succeed, but if you happen to fail then you look at the bright side. What did you gain while you failed? I hope that my children and I continue to be one of the resolutioners every year because I just don't think you can call your resolution a failure if you had minor successes along the way.
That's all for now - I've got a P90X yoga workout calling my name followed by some Bible reading.

Happy New Years!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment