Friday, March 18, 2011

Deja Vu


Mine and Aaron's dating relationship did not start out very smooth. The very first time he called me he knocked me off the internet (it was 13 years ago....we ALL had dial up) when I was trying to study for a test. Apparently, I wasn't very nice to him - I can be that way sometimes. He asked me out to dinner, but I had a very full calendar. I was cheering for ATU and we were about to start 2 a days to get ready for camp so that week was out. The next week I was at camp. We decided he would call me when I returned from camp. I forgot that I had agreed to housesit for some friends of mine. The day we returned from camp he called to set up our date. I had fallen asleep and evidently, though not by my own recollection, it was a bizarre phone call....but I digress. We had a lovely dinner at a German restaurant in Altus. On the way home his truck broke down. We walked 3 miles back to the rest area to call someone to come and get us. He.was.mortified. As he was telling his friend from work about it his friend replied, "that's a story you'll tell your grandkids" - little did he know he was predicting the future.

Tonight Aaron took Sydney on her first date. It was the Daddy Daughter dance at Sydney's school. We got out the door and realized that Aaron's truck was leaking anti-freeze. They had to walk to the dance.....it was like our first date - 13 years later......

No comments:

Post a Comment