Monday, March 14, 2011

It's Against My Resolution.....

I wish I was 6. The older you get, the more things become a "chore" and I'm tired of feeling that way. Every day Sydney is excited about something. I love that about her. She anticipates EVERYthing. She anticipated Christmas for months (I did too....I LOVE Christmas - see earlier blog post), then she anticipated her birthday - I got so tired of the question "How many days til my birthday" (and doing the math) that on one of our many snow days we made a paper chain with pink links counting down the days until her actual birthday and purple links counting down the days until her party (which happened to be 12 days after her actual birthday). Every night we tore a link off, every night we counted how many links were left. Her party hadn't even started yet when she heard me talking about our trip to TX that was going to take place the week after her party and she started anticipating that. I have found myself saying multiple times "can we just get through....... before we start getting excited about the next thing?" I find myself stressed out about birthdays, parties, presents, what craft we are going to do..... Then I find myself stressing out about packing me plus 3 little people for a 5 day trip to TX, but before we leave I have a whole week to get through. I have Pampered Chef parties, post office trips, bank trips, dinners to make, meetings and to do list after to do list after to do list.

So......I have a March resolution.....I want to be excited through the eyes of my 6 year old! Instead of stressing about my upcoming Pampered Chef party I want to be excited about the great food I'm going to cook for these ladies that probably all need a girls night out. I'm going to be excited about all the free product my host is going to earn and mostly, I'm going to be EXCITED about my commission check that will come a few days after the show! Instead of stressing out about dinner, I'm going to make it fun - don't have time? How 'bout PB & J's - it's what's for dinner!!! Instead of stressing about packing, I'm starting today - why not??? Instead of stressing about road tripping with 4 little people and 2 adults I'm gonna make a play list of rocking songs to get us all in the road trip mood. I'm going to be excited about taking my children to spend a little time with their almost 90 year old great grandmother and seeing lots of other family.

I hereby refuse to stress out this week about anything - it's against my resolution!

No comments:

Post a Comment