Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sorry Kids

I had the morning to myself....well, once it hit 9:00 anyway. I had a doctor's appt., I went to the bank, the post office, spent entirely too much money at Wal-Mart on groceries, came home, unloaded all the groceries, grabbed a quick bite, put away the refrigerated groceries, picked up the kids, put the little one down for a nap, put up the non-refrigerated items, picked up the house just in time to entertain friends for a bit before the dinner crazy hour hit.

I should have been relaxed. I had the morning to myself, albeit a busy one, it was still to myself. I had adult conversation, albeit constantly interrupted, it was still adult conversation....and yet I acted like a lunatic tonight. The house is a disaster (daddy's out of town), the dinner wasn't prepped, Harper didnt' have a nap, Rem's naps were crazy messed up, and EVERYONE said 8 million times "Iiii''mmmm HHHUUUUNNNGGGGRRRRYYYYYY" (insert the most whiny voice ever). Harper spilled water because she was pouring the contents of one cup into another and I asked her twice to stop and then I heard the splat of spilled water on the tile floor. She was sent to her room an additional 3 times before dinner. Remington was in a TERRIBLE mood. Sydney was extremely helpful, but clearly, I was raining on her "I'm playing school" parade.

All in all, I was THAT mom who screamed too much, became way too exasperated, spanked, got frustrated and then cracked an adult beverage.

Sorry kids :) - Tomorrow will be better....I hope :)

No comments:

Post a Comment