Thursday, October 14, 2010

Angel wants to kiss me

Oh dear Lord it has happened. My KINDERGARTEN daughter was propositioned on the playground by a fellow student...for a kiss. I knew the day would come, but I didn't really know it would make me physically ill.

Sydney, you should know, looked adorable today (note to self: try to make your kindergartner look like such a cutie patootie and then the boy on the play ground won't ask her to kiss him). She had this totally cute zebra/hot pink skirt/shirt number and was rocking the biker babe boots with it. She also wore a hot pink leopard print bow in her hair. You could tell as she walked into that building she. felt. awesome! Total confidence exuded from every pore of her being. She bounced her hair, gave me a wave and rocked that outfit all the way down the yellow hall.

3:00 I pick her up. "How was your day, Syd?" "It was good. We had music. That's my favorite special. I need to bring a dollar tomorrow for my 'Say No To Drugs' armband, we got to go to Mrs. Fontenopolous' room to watch Charley Brown Goes to the Pumpkin Patch. Angel told me on the playground he wished he could kiss me..." SCRREEECCHHIINGGG Halt!!!! "I'm sorry, what?" "He did! He's a really nice boy and I like that kid, but I do not want to kiss him. So very politely I said to him 'ummm I don't think so' and he said ok"....."boys are weird"

Angel does seem like a nice boy. He smiles at her. She was the one to go get the teacher when he was blowing chunks on the play ground, they wave to each other very cute.....it's all very adorable...But Angel, I do not think you two are ready for kissing yet...and Sydney, I'm very proud of you for saying no and being polite about it.

Aside from that I really am speechless....


Seriously.....

No comments:

Post a Comment