Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I am a Bible Study Loser

Well this post finds me skipping Bible Study.....again....for the second week in a row. We are doing a wonderful Beth Moore study on David, but unfortunately, I am having a really hard time getting into it. For one thing I am 34 weeks pregnant and it lasts 2 hours - and 2 hours of sitting with extreme back pain is tough. I suppose I could pray and ask God to release me from my back pain for just a little while, but I think the truth is that I feel so inferior to these women who are in there and know so much about the Bible and Christ. Well...that's easy, Courtney - GO TO BIBLE STUDY! I know, I know. I should be there. I can always think of a thousand excuses why I can't go - I don't feel good, I'm tired, I didn't do my lessons, but let's face it - I feel inferior.... I just do. There is no way getting around it. I am two weeks behind in my lessons - I don't understand some of the questions, the ladies all have better answers than me and I feel like a loser. Today I pledge that while my husband has my little one at my MIL's and I have the days ALL to myself for the rest of the week I WILL GET CAUGHT UP on my studies....and I will be there next week! No matter how tired, no matter how much pain I'm in due to this crazy fetus and no matter how inferior I feel... I will be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment