Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Redemption

I feel like I have totally redeemed myself from my tirade this morning. What a wonderful afternoon I shared with my amazing little girl. It was a beautiful afternoon and we walked hand in hand around the Promenade shopping and talking. I can totally see the same scenario 25 years from now with her pushing a stroller and telling me about how her baby is keeping her up at night (and boy will I have some stories to share with her). We laughed about funny boys at school, we talked about self esteem and feeling beautiful. We spoke of true beauty and inner beauty. We tried on clothes. She hated them all. I didn't care. We Christmas shopped. She asked for a journal for Christmas so she could begin to write down her feelings. We ate pizza and I watched my little girl fix her drink and her salad totally by herself and I sat in the booth and rested my hugely gynormous belly.... "little girl"....not for long. We giggled like teenagers all the way home. She sang in the shower as I sat outside and listened to her. We talked about the best parts of her day and the worst. Then I tucked her in and she drifted off to sleep....I hope she has sweet dreams. It is for moments like these, God, that I am truly truly thankful and feel beyond blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment