Sunday, February 20, 2011

A piece of this amazing life

I have the most amazing life. I really do. Sure, I have my ups and downs, but all in all....things are great. Right now, I can think of a million things to be depressed about. So many people going through so many tough times. In fact, today on my way home from my mom's house I was having some pretty yucky thoughts. I was thinking of all the people I know who are struggling in one way or another. I thought everyone was asleep. I was deep in thought, near tears when I caught the eye of Sydney in my rear view mirror. There was a song on with a great beat. She started a head bob.... bounce, bounce, bounce. I reciprocated....bounce, bounce, bounce. She flashed the sign language sign for "I love you" as she added a shoulder roll to her head bob.... bounce, bounce, roll, roll, roll. I reciprocated....bounce, bounce, roll, roll, roll. Then came the hair swing and imaginary mike with the occasional "raise the roof" hand gesture. I reciprocated with the exact same hip and stellar dance moves. We had to remain super quiet as to not awake the rest of the car, but we silently giggled, winked at each other and had our own quiet dance party while passing motorists tried to get out of the crazy dancing lady's way.....and at the end of our dance party (right about the time I decided I was going to need an ice pack later) I thought - in all the drama, trauma and craziness, I love this little piece of my amazing life.

Sydney, this post is dedicated to you....my most amazing back seat dance partner.


Lord, when the negative tries to take over...help me get my dance on - because it always seems to make everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment